Celebrate the Sunrise by Air Ballooning Over Melbourne
Air ballooning over Melbourne is the best way to experience the second most populous city in Australia. Experiencing both urban and rural landscapes from our comfortable baskets, where everyone gets a window seat.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Melbourne Ballooning
Your ballooning experience will be unforgettable, and you will want to ensure you make the most of your time in the air:
- Choose the right company – When booking your air balloon ride, choose a company that loves what they do and has fun. While your pilot’s experience is important, you want to enjoy the time you spend in the air. Not only do we have fun with our passengers, but our baskets are comfortable with suede padding and plenty of room to swap places during the flight.
- Book ahead of time – Book well ahead to ensure you secure your space. Our baskets carry a maximum of ten people and ensures everyone has space to take photos and look around. If you are planning your flight while on vacation, book a date early to allow rebooking if the weather does not cooperate. If rescheduling is not an option, we do offer full refunds, but we would much rather take you up in the air for a unique experience.
- Local knowledge – Our Chief Pilot, Chris Shorten, “BalloonMan”, is a Melbourne native who fell in love with ballooning in 1993. Chris shares his knowledge of the city and surrounding area during all of our Melbourne flights. Our team of professionals are all able to provide you with interesting information about the area and landmarks passing below the balloon.
What You Should Know About Riding an Air Balloon Over Melbourne
An air balloon ride is all about the experience:
- As you fly over Melbourne, you will enjoy viewing prominent landmarks from the sky. For the naturalist, you can see how the Yarra River flows through the city. For the sports enthusiast, check out the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). Other city landmarks include the Eureka Tower, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Westgate Bridge.
- There is nothing that comes close to riding in the basket of a hot air balloon. The earth drifts past as you experience sunrise over the city. A truly magical experience, this adventure makes the perfect gift or date. You will be amazed by both the urban and natural landscapes from the air, and it is best to enjoy this with friends and family.
- We offer a range of packages, from flight only to our premium balloon flights that include a champagne breakfast after your flight. For Melbourne flights, relive your adventure over breakfast at the Grand Hyatt, and in Bendigo at the Balgownie Estate Winery. All Melbourne packages include free in-flight photos and videos, we also offer complimentary hotel transfer from inner city hotels.
BalloonMan has been flying over Melbourne for over twenty five years. We are licensed by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), and all our pilots hold Commercial Pilot Licences issued by CASA. Our friendly, fun and experienced pilots help make your air ballooning experience unforgettable.
Contact us to book your balloon adventure.